Financial freedom is everyone ones right, no one is born to die as a pauper according to God’s plan, He’s happy when you prospered but, why do we have many believers still under the bondage of financial hardship?
The answer is: God’s people are destroyed for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6). Knowledge is the key to freedom. It’s impossible to claim the inheritance that you don’t know that your father owns. The elder brother of the prodigal son was an exemplar of dedication but he didn’t enjoy the rewards of service due to ignorance. You can be busy doing the work of the Lord and still die poor if you don’t understand what belongs to you and how to get it.
The word “finance” originated from old French which means payment. “Fortuna” in Latin means fate or luck while its plural form “fortunae” means possessions. Fortune is one’s wealth, the amount of money one has, especially if it is vast, Wiktionary.
Financial fortune is a large amount of money which can be used to settle expenses or make payments.
Financial fortune is God’s end-time agenda for the church and its people (Micah 4:1-2; Joel 2:23-25).
7 Keys To Financial Freedom
1. Obedience. Obedience to the commandment of seedtime and harvest (giving and receiving) is our surest bailout in these hard times. Anything can fail but obedience can never fail. Deut 28:1-3, Luke 6:38
If you are not a giver, you cannot prosper. It works like fire. It’s not about the word of God that enters you that makes things happen, but the ones you enter. Diving into the word can make a fortune for any believer (James 1:22-25).
God told Abraham to offer his long-awaited son as a sacrifice, and Abraham followed God’s instruction. Peter struggled all night and caught nothing but when he obeyed Jesus, he had a net-breaking harvest (Luke 5:5-6). Life is a struggle outside obedience.
2. Righteousness. One of the surest pathways to financial fortune is righteousness (Psalm 92:12; 112:1-3). It’s the foundation of everything that works in the kingdom. To be righteous means to be godly or to fear God. You can’t fear God and sell deadly or fake products to your clients; you can’t fear God and be part of the allocation of public funds for personal use; you can’t fear God and indulge in fornication and adultery.
Job hated evil and loved righteousness. According to the testimonies of God and the devil, he was a perfect man. As a result, he had seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred Oxen, five hundred she asses, and a very great household. He was the greatest man in his era (see job 1:1-3).
Because Joseph saw himself on the throne, he would not allow his destiny to be bashed in Portiohar’s house: he saw Potiphar’s house as only a passage, even when he was in prison, he was like a reigning king in his mind. You can’t have where you are going and not package yourself to get there.
Daniel would rather die than defile himself with the king’s meat (see Daniel 1:8), he reigned in six kingdoms by righteousness (he had access to the excellent spirit of God which reveals divine secrets). The secret of the lord is with them that fear him.
3. Distribution. Life is not about your possession but your distribution. You only reap what you sow. If you sow sparingly, you’ll also reap sparingly; if you sow bountifully, you’ll reap a bounty of the harvest. Garbage in, garbage out. To sow sparingly means to give God a spare of your substance.
Become a channel of blessings to others, especially your fellow brethren in Christ who are in need and give to charity.
The Macedonian Church gave its way out of poverty. In their deep poverty, they practiced giving. What a mystery. So start from where you are. No excuse is tenable for stinginess.
4. Sacrifice. Sacrificial giving is a form of giving that will cost you something. When you give out your valuables like jewelry, car, or first salary (or profit) – which are first fruits – we could say your giving is sacrificial. The altar of sacrifice is the altar of sworn blessings.
Abraham was an exemplar of a sacrificial giver, he gave out Isaac, his only son, according to God’s demand but when he was about to kill his son, God appeared and began to swear: “I will make you a father of many nations…”
In the aftermath of the flood, Noah took clean beasts and fowl and used them to offer sacrifice to God, again, God began to swear. Seed time and harvest shall not cease as long as there are moon and sun in the sky.
Sacrifice is the demonstration of love. You can’t claim to love your spouse without giving him or her gifts of money. All lovers are givers, not all givers are lovers, and some people give for the wrong motives. “For God so love the world that He gave…” John 3:16.
Where your heart is, is where your money is. If your heart is in God’s kingdom, your money would be there.
5. Liberality. Liberality equals prosperity. Show me a man who is supernaturally prospered, I have seen a man who has a liberal soul. If you are the type that hides food under your bed when visitors come into your house, you are not the one who is ready for God’s financial fortune.
Abraham was a man of a liberal soul who entertained angels unwittingly and brought financial fortune to his generation. Also, he refused to compete with his brother-in-law. Even though lot took the best part of the land, he still went to rescue him when he was confronted by opponents. You can’t have a liberal soul and be poor. “The liberal soul makes fat.” Psalm 11:25. “If you were children of Abraham, you would do the works of Abraham.” John 8:39
6. Entrustment. Your ‘trustability’ is a fundamental requirement for divinely orchestrated financial fortune. What is your motive to obtain financial fortune? Is it to buy the latest car in town and for showing off? Or to promote the kingdom of darkness? God examines your heart before He releases His fortune. If it’s not in your heart, it cannot be in your hands. God’s fortune is meant to be used to bless others. If you’re an ‘accumulator‘ instead of a distributor, don’t expect kingdom prosperity. If you were given one billion dollars today, what would you do with it? Reflect on the question and position your heart rightly to receive a supernatural fortune.
7. Thanksgiving. The last but not the least key to the supernatural financial fortune is Thanksgiving. When it comes, don’t take pride in it, remember the God that gives you the power to get wealth (Deut 8:18). Where you are is smaller than where God is taking you to. Don’t ditch God when financial fortune comes or else it’ll crash in a blink of an eye (vanish away like a vapor). God is the lifter and builder of men. King Nebuchadnezzar took pride in himself and God made him crawl with his hands.
Thanksgiving is like rain that helps the seed to grow. Most people only know how to sow seeds but have no idea how to water them. They kill their seeds by murmuring and complaining before they could see the light of day. If you don’t want to complicate your matters don’t complain. (1 Cor 10:10).
“Let the peoples praise You o Lord; let all the peoples praise You O Lord. Then the earth shall yield her increase.” Psalm 67:5-6
Supernatural financial fortune is a divinely orchestrated large amount of wealth that is primarily meant for promoting divine agenda.
The seven keys to financial fortune as discussed are:
Obedience. Obedience to the command of seedtime and harvest is your surest bailout of financial hardship.
Righteousness. Living right by fearing God pays the most, it facilitates flourished business and greatness.
Distribution. Life is not about what you possess but what you distribute; not about what you take but what you give. Your worth is not a measure of the amount of money you have in the bank but of your impact on others. You are redeemed as a blessing, not as a burden. Be a channel blessing to others.
Sacrifice. It takes a sacrificial approach to receive blessings from God. The altar of sacrifice is the altar of sworn blessings.
Liberality. Prosperity is a function of liberality. Have a liberal soul and you’ll be prospered.
Entrustment. To become a trustee of kingdom wealth, your motives must align with God’s motives. God’s primary motive is to see souls saved or rescued from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light. God’s prosperity is not meant for self-centered purposes.
Thanksgiving. Don’t be bigger than God at any point in your life. The day you stop acknowledging God as the source of your fortune is the day supernatural financial fortune will cease flowing to you.