Fasting is a commandment. “When you fast” Mat.6:17 not if you fast. We fast to afflict our body in order to edify our spirit. Most of the benefits of fasting can be found in Is.58. Those who ‘fast’ are ‘fast’ (speed) in life. Is.40:31
VIRTUES OF FASTING
- Fasting engenders our total freedom from all satanic oppressions. Is. 58:6
- Fasting is the gateway to unending illumination. Illumination happens as result of God’s revelation. Is. 58:8. And, darkness disappear at the presence of light.
- Fasting facilitates answered prayers. Is. 58:9. (It is your prayers that God answered in the fast. So, no prayers, no answers. Mat.17:21)
- Fasting is the pathway to the release of outbreak of revelation. Is.58:10. Revelation equals illumination which later leads into manifestation. You can’t make things happen expect they revealed unto you. Life answers to seeing.
- Fasting unleased supernatural abundance. Is. 58:11
- Fasting equals change of class/level. You walk in high places when you fast. You do not belong to the last, you belong to the top. Is. 58:14
- When you fast, it is either you are walking, running or flying. You can’t fast and be crawling. You can’t fast and be stagnated. You can’t fast and be in a slow motion/traffic. Nothing can hold you down when you fast. Is.40:30-31