What is is faith?
- Faith is a substance of the things hoped for and the evidence of the things not seen. “Now faith is the substance of the things hoped for; evidence of things not seen.” Heb.11:1
- Faith is not waiting but faith is an action. “And behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment.” Mat. 9:20
- Faith is taking responsibility – The fact that you are still doing what the word says implies that you still believe in the word. “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own self.” JMS.1:22
- Faith is obedience – it is putting God’s word to work and faith without work is dead. “What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and not works? Can faith save him? Even so faith, if it hath no works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and i have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works. But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?” Jms.2:14/17-18/20
How Do I Engage The Power of Faith?
- Take a daily dose of God’s word by hearing the word of God. “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Rom.10:17
- Think the impossible and see the invisible – In case you don’t know, God also answers thoughts just as the way He answers prayers. “For she ‘said’ within herself, if I may but touch his garment, I shall be made whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.” Mat. 9:21-22
- Sound/declare what you believe. “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” Prov.18:21. You are what you think and sound. If you think and sound failure today, you can’t wake up tomorrow to see success. This may seems unfair but this is what the scripture says. “For as he thinketh in his heart so he is.” Prov.23:7
How Do I Engage The Power Of Faith?
You need to engage the power of faith because it takes only faith to emerge an Overcomer. “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is that victory overcometh the world, even our faith.”1Jn.5:4
One thought on “Understanding the Power of Faith”
Comments are closed.