What are the profitable approach to fasting?
- We must come out in praise. “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his court with praise: be thankful unto him and blessed his name.” PS.100:4
- We must continue to make kingdom advancement prayer our priority when we fast. “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which at in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness: and all these things shall be added unto you.” Mat.6:9-10/33
- We must come out boldly – you can’t get God to confirm his word without boldness. “let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Heb.4:16. “The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are as bold as lion.” Prov.28:1
- We must engage the force of faith, if our prayer and fasting must be delivered. “For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the lord.” James.1:7 – it is the faith contents that determine what we get from God.
What are the Benefits of Prayer and Fasting?
- There is an outbreak of revelation – when we lack revelation, we have no question – “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” 2.Cor.4:4,
- Fasting engenders access to our high places on the earth. “Then shall thou delight thyself in the lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the lord hath spoken it.” Is.58:14.
- Fasting enhances our level of spiritual authority. “And they were all amazed, and they glorified God, and were filled with fear, saying we have seen a strange thing today.” Lk.5:26, “And immediately he arose, took up his bed, and went forth before them all; inasmuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, we never saw it on this fashion.” Mark.2:12, “But the men marvelled, saying, what manner of man is this, that even the winds and sea obey him.” Mat.8:27, “And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee the authority.” Mat.21:23.
Jesus was like every other person until he went to the wilderness to pray and fast for forty days and nights. When He returned, he returned with higher dimension of spiritual authority. People began to exclaim. What manner of man is this? We have seen strange things today! We never saw it on this fashion before!
As you key into the idea of obeying the commandment of fasting all your question marks will become exclamation marks by light of this word. We can’t travail in fasting and prayer and not become amazements to our world.