Though, I’m not yet married. But, I already understood from the scripture that marriage is honourable, two are better than one; it is not good for a man to be alone.
“And the lord said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” Gen.22:18.
“Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.”Ecc.4:9
If I don’t fight as a bachelor, marriage should take me far from it. The scripture has taught me that marriage is a good thing and that those who serve God can’t lack any good thing.
” Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the lord.” Prov.18:22.
“The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger hunger: but they that seek the lord shall not want any good thing.“PS.34:10
As bachelors and spinsters, many saw marriage as a relationship between cat and rat and it came to be when they got married.
In the spirit realm, any thought you allow to hold grip on you is regarded accomplished. It won’t be soon enough before it begin to manifest in the reality.
“As he thinketh in his heart so he is.” Prov.23:7
I already understood from the scripture that I’ll have a blissful marriage, a tension free marriage. The reason is that marital settlement answers to God’s favour and I can’t serve God and lack God’s favour.
And moreover, my father can’t be the one who set the solitary in families and be a victim of marital unsettlement.
“God setteth solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but and the rebellious dwell in a dry land.” PS.68:6
Listen to me: don’t be anxious of getting married. Marriage is a lifetime institution. Be ready and mature before you go into it.
Acquired knowledge enough for it. Get books on marriage, there are keys to a marital settlement in such books. Knowledge is the key to freedom. It is priceless.
After the order of Mat.6:33, focus on the pursuit of God’s kingdom and your God’s ordained spouse will locate and connect with you.
- Don’t marry someone who lack passion for the things of God.
- Don’t marry a lady just because of her beauty. Most beautiful things are not good things. And, most good things are not beautiful.
- Don’t marry a man just because of money.
- Don’t be too anxious to marry.
- Don’t marry a guy who ask you to sleep with him before marriage. Sleeping with him does mean that he will marry you. He will hate you after the sex.
- Don’t marry an unintelligent lady. As she will not be fit to handle home issues.
- Don’t marry a man that will beat you, i.e, smokers, drug abusers, drunkards, etc.
- Don’t marry someone because you are John and she is Janet
- Don’t marry a prayer lazy lady.
- Don’t marry a man who can’t express his feelings.
- Don’t marry a man who has no work. Or who is not ready to work.
- Don’t select your wife from club. Church is the most preferred place.
Finally, ask God for direction, he will show you the path to follow.
“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according the power that worketh in us.” Eph.3:20