Failure is not the end of life. Those who are successful in any field have tried and failed once or twice. Thomas Edison tried and failed 1000 times in order to make a lighting bulb. If there is any student going through academic struggle, I am here for you, I am your friend as I have also been where you are before. Read my post as it might be the best way out you can ever get.
There are some students whose carryovers are many in their first and second years in school as a result of lack of proper orientation before they entered school. Most students get carried away with the very first news that they have been admitted into a university without knowing that the end of a race is the beginning of a new one. Most of the students are ignorance of the kind of tasks that they are going to face in school. This is the reason why most students think that they are going to school to enjoy freedom that they could not enjoy under their parents – though, freedom is good – but must not be misused.
If you want to make it in school, do not play with the first and second year of your academic journey because these two periods are the periods in which you can use to boost your GP (Great Point). Try to make the most of these periods because the higher its go, the tougher it becomes. Lecturers are always stingy in giving marks in 300 and 400 levels respectively. But, just in case you have made mistakes in your 100 or 200 level by having poor grades and a lot of carryovers, do not worry as it is never too late to wake up and everything is going to be alright by following the advice given in this post.
- Be determined to change – Human beings possess the ability to learn good habits and to unlearn bad habits. Humans are complex and erratic in nature. So, change is possible you must be ready to unlearnt bad habits and learn good habits.
- Locate the root of your failure – Failure does not mean the end of life, every problem has a source and there is no life on the earth that is free from challenges. The source of your failure might be spiritual of physical. May be, your covenant walk with your God is faulty or not, whether you do not attend class regularly, or study is not your lifestyle. You can always locate the area of your failure through proper meditation.
- Have a new approach – Now that you have been able to locate the source of your failure, it is now the time to have fresh strategies. Device new methods in your spiritual life, device new methods in your physical life. This step may be costly, but the end result is priceless. For example, may be you are addicted to smoking before, you will have to pay the price of leaving cigarette, or let say you are addicted to clubbing before you will have to pay the price of leaving club.
- Change friends – If the friends whom you are moving with before are lazy and bad friends, there is no way that you will not be affected by them. Choose new friends, who are committed to their studies, select friends who can ginger (motivate) you to wake up in the night to read. Make your friendship with Godly people. Genuine Godly people are always brilliant people. Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.
- Be dedicated – There are no lucky successful people; there are dedicated successful men and women on earth. If you can remain dedicated in both your spiritual and physical life, trust me, you are not far from been successful.
- Possess a success’ mentality – You might have been grounded before, but you can always walk out of your academic failure. Always think positive and never think negative. What you think and believe has a long way to determine who you are. And lastly,
- Be thankful – There are so many frustrated prayer warriors but praise warriors can never be frustrated. You change levels when you thank God for where you are (Jer 30:19). There are people behind the position you are in the class, what you have are other people prayer requests. Make praise your lifestyle.
If you can put all the steps outlined above to work, I bet you, your academic results will transformed like a dream of the night.
Faith can help you break through your academic struggle. It is a common error made among students in varsity by focusing all their attention, time, energy and strengths in battling with theories, and sophisticated calculations and models. Academic success is simple when faith is involved. We all need to know that, it is the simplicity In faith that is required to solve the complexity in studies. No lecturer within the varsity wall will teach you about faith. This explains the reason why many students are failing in their studies due to their ignorance about power of faith. I do not want you to struggle with your studies again; this is why I am sharing with you, the power of faith in academics which has helped me to walk out from my own academic struggles.
WHAT THEN IS FAITH?
• Faith is an act
• Faith is a work
• Faith is not waiting
• Faith is acting in line with what we believe
• Faith is the substance or evidence of things hoped for or not seen.
Do not be surprise because you might be seeing some scriptural passage in this post. Just try to get used to it.
Faith is putting God’s word to work. Faith without work is dead. James2:20. Faith comes by, hearing, hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17.
HOW CAN I BUILD MY FAITH TO WITHSTAND MY ACADEMIC TROUBLES
Do not be surprised when you are faced with several challenges in varsity as your natural ability will not be able to withstand the troubles. Steps outline below will help you to build your faith if put to work.
• Find a ‘correct’ (good) place of worship – I recommend ‘Winners chapel’ (living faith church) – but not compulsory that you attend ‘winners.’
• Hear the word of God daily –This step will require you to attend church services regularly. Romans 10:17.
• Put God’s words to work by:
• Daily prayer – I like to do in the morning before any activity and in the night before I go to bed. Prayer is one of the cheapest way to serve God. Luke 2:37.
• Change the content of your prayer –By praying kingdom oriented prayer. Try to minimize your demands on God. Mat 6:9.
• Win Soul – Be a mouth piece for .God. John 15:16.
• Live a lifestyle of praise.- Praise is a commandment. Psalms 150:6
• Pray in the HolyGhost – Jude1:20
• Speak in line with what you believe. Death and life is in the power of the tongue. Prov18:21.
These are the truth about academic excellence as you won’t hear in any varsity. If steps is not taken a golden destiny can lie dormant for life.
THE FRESH OIL – PSALMS 92:10
Fresh oil means fresh revelation, fresh divine insight. According to Bishop Oyedepo. He asked in one of His preaching “must the oil in the engine of your vehicle go stale before you change It? No is the answer. This means that when you engage in any of these spiritual activities: Praise, fasting, prayer – you receive fresh oil from God concerning every issue of concern and life is a function of revelation. Life answers to seeing it doesn’t answers to looking. The Holy spirit is the “revelator” as you don’t have the memory to learn, master and remember all the complex stuffs you are thought in school. Jesus said He had many things to say to His disciples but they did not have the brain to bear them all – unless they want to break their head – John16:15. Many students are experiencing same today as natural brain cannot comprehend all the complex issues in their studies. What you guys need is the help if the Holy Spirit and you can’t get this except you engage in spiritual activities as your lifestyle. In that book of John, Jesus said further that the Holy Spirit will remember you all things (academic stuffs inclusive).
I will only tell you the truth; I will never tell you a lie. If you want your academic struggle to be over plug yourself into the ideas outlined above and subscribe into the ideas of engaging in spiritual activities as a way if life. God does not speak empty word. He is more faithful than you and I. It is my prayer, as you engage in this idea of serving God as a life style your academic struggle is over.