There is this wrong public notion about who we are as students, we are not beggar, we are not dependant, we are not receiver, and we are not pauper as they think. This wrong public perception has made many of us to believe what they are not. Financial secret is embedded in God’s word. I will share this secret with you in this post.
What is Secret?
Secret is hidden mystery
Secret is knowledge that is hidden.
What is financial Secret?
Financial secret is untold mystery or told but most often neglected mystery embedded in the word of God
Financial secret the covenant of seed time and harvest. (Gen 8:22)
I will like us to know the “obedience is the most powerful weapon often neglected by men.” (Bishop David Oyedepo). “Lion is not the most powerful animal but sheep is the most powerful animal.” why? The young lion do lack and suffer hunger. Pslm34:10. Obedience to the covenant of seed time and harvest is the answer to all financial misfortunes. Deu 8:18. The truth is that there some students who have plugged themselves into this idea of covenant practice and they are enjoying life and have more than enough to spend while they are in school.
How can I access this financial secret?
Become a tireless thither. Mal.3:7-10, 2Chr.7:5
Never appear before God empty (worship offerings). Deu 16:16, Ex.23:15
Give to the poor – giving to the poor is like lending to the lord-Job 1:1-3, Job 29:12
Do not borrow – this view can be personal – However, borrowers are servants of lenders – prov.27:12.
Desire work – Jesus Christ dislikes idleness. He went out about the third hour he met some men standing idle, he also went out about the eleventh hour he still met some men standing idle at the market place. He told them why ye standing idle all the day. Mat.20:3/6. “It is your work that pays your bills”. There are work you can do as students in order to be financially independent. Works like: blogging, graphics designing, computer engineering, phone repairing, web designing, tailoring, hairdressing, barbing.etc. You can even train other students and make money. Or in case you haven’t acquired a skill yet you can utilize your free time in school to learn your desired skill as this will profit you.
Be disciplined –The factor discipline is very important in order to be successful in any field of life. You cannot tell me that you are a business man who has a TV box in his office which brings him zero business value. Even as a student you can’t have an exam tomorrow morning and watch Aljazeera, BBC, or CNN news till 2:00AM and pass. it means that you will go and write the news down in the exam. Ever since mobile phone came many people have run into madness, one person, a student using three phones. Each with three Sims: MTN, GLO, AIRTEL. He can greet people for Africa.
The gospel of Jesus Christ has zero tolerance for poverty. Lk. 4:18 and if you are poor you are a disappointment to Jesus. As Jesus said: above all I wish thou mayest prosper and be in good health. 3 john.1:2.
Continue reading “Secret of Financial Prosperity”
10 things varsity lady must not do is written to all students especially the ladies in order to be wise up and be smart in higher institution. The fresher’s and other students should follow the ideas and orientation given in this post so that they will not become preys in the hands of predators (the guys). The guys are always looking for ladies with low or little orientation who they can have sex with and dumped. Don’t be a victim. You have a golden destiny ahead of you.
Do not indulge in sex – You don’t need it for now. Having sex with a guy does not mean he will marry you. Anybody who cannot wait for you to complete your studies and get married to him should better go. Beware!! Most especially the ‘freshers’ (new comers), don’t allow some guys deceive you to sleep with them just because you are fresher. Do not hang in guys’ hostel to do your admission processing and verification. There are so many cases where ladies cookies were gotten cheaply in the course of admission processing and verification. Do not act like ‘JJC’ (new comer). So, be smart.
- Do not miss lectures – Varsity is not just only about being guru (good/genius). There are so many brilliant students who will still come out with third class. Most lecturers ask students questions in the exams based on what they discussed with them in the class because they know that it is not all students that attend classes. Be humble, varsity is all about learning with character. Do not act as ‘Oga’ (boss) when you have not graduated. Be real and do not copy others.
- Do not ignore your assignments – Assignments are important. Some carry 5, 10 or 15 marks while attendance carries 10 marks as well. It just depends on the style of the lecturers. Some lecturers may decide to use assignments to award the whole marks for CA (Continuous Assessment). Just make sure that you do them and appropriately. Do not copy and paste, do them yourself. The ones that you can’t handle can be taken to your seniors who are ‘good’ in order to assist you.
- Do not miss CA and EXAMS – Please; this is your life we are talking about. Do not pay someone to write your CA and Exams for you. Do everything yourself. Read, study, burn candles overnight and prepare well for your CA and exams.
- Do not stay or sleep in guys hostel in the night – You might end up giving out your cookies foolishly or even been raped.
- Do not club – For me, I do not think that you need clubbing (partying) for now. Clubbing will only serve as a distraction and destruction to your academic success. Instead of going to the club, attend church services and programmes as this will do you a lot of good.
- Do not gossip – ladies I beg your pardon to say this, it seems as if it is in the blood of most ladies to gossip. Do not forget that you are in the varsity to learn theories and solve complex calculations. Therefore, you have to do more keeping quiet than talking. Those who talk more than they listen are always foolish.
- Do not live a couples life on campus – There are so many girls who go to varsity to live with their boyfriends. This is very bad as it is not good for your success in both academics and future. We have seen many cases where some ladies who are sent to varsity for studies ended up being a full time house wife while still in school. She will wash her boyfriend cloths, boxers, cook food, pay rent and spend all her hard earned parents’ money on one stupid boy that will not marry her. Ladies!!! Wise up.
- DO not do without having a smart phone – You will need a smart phone even if it the lowest cost ones, just make sure that you get yourself one. This is to keep you updated and informed about academic activities. Make sure that you are on your department group chat and don’t be stingy to buy data on your phone. Your class representative will have to be communicating with the class via group chat. There might be some changes in lecture periods, venues or their might be fixed classes. All of which will be communicated via the group chat. So, you will need good phone.
- Do not miss tutorials – Tutorials are like lessons outside the school which can be organized by co-students, seniors, or external persons. Via tutorials you can learn so many things that are not cleared to you in the class. Finally, ask questions! Ask questions!! Ask Google questions too!!! Thanks.