Fasting is a commandment. “When you fast” Mat.6:17 not if you fast. We fast to afflict our body in order to edify our spirit. Most of the benefits of fasting can be found in Is.58. Those who ‘fast’ are ‘fast’ (speed) in life. Is.40:31
VIRTUES OF FASTING
- Fasting engenders our total freedom from all satanic oppressions. Is. 58:6
- Fasting is the gateway to unending illumination. Illumination happens as result of God’s revelation. Is. 58:8. And, darkness disappear at the presence of light.
- Fasting facilitates answered prayers. Is. 58:9. (It is your prayers that God answered in the fast. So, no prayers, no answers. Mat.17:21)
- Fasting is the pathway to the release of outbreak of revelation. Is.58:10. Revelation equals illumination which later leads into manifestation. You can’t make things happen expect they revealed unto you. Life answers to seeing.
- Fasting unleased supernatural abundance. Is. 58:11
- Fasting equals change of class/level. You walk in high places when you fast. You do not belong to the last, you belong to the top. Is. 58:14
- When you fast, it is either you are walking, running or flying. You can’t fast and be crawling. You can’t fast and be stagnated. You can’t fast and be in a slow motion/traffic. Nothing can hold you down when you fast. Is.40:30-31
The Holy spirit is one spirit but diverse in His operations. 1.Cor. 12:4-7. The diversities of the Holy spirit are meant for our profitable living. 1.Cor. 12:11/31. And, evey operation of the Holy Spirit is covetable. 1.Cor. 12:31
DIVERSE OPERATIONS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Spirit is the spirit of revelation. “I have many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now, Howbeit, when he come, he will guide you into all truth…..” Jn.16:12-13, Jn.14:26, Eph. 1:17-18.
- The Holy spirit is the spirit of obedience. ” I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgements, and do them.” Ez. 36:27. Obedience is the covenant gateway to all the blessings of God.” Deu.28:1-3. “Your tomorrow is determined by the level of your obedience today.” James.1:22-25.
- The Holy Spirit is the spirit if wisdom. 1.Cor.1:24. Wisdom is applied knowledge. Counsel is the application of wisdom in dealing with humans problems. “Wisdom failure equals life failure.” Prov. 4:7
- The Holy Spirit is the spirit of meekness. The Spirit of meekness is an asset of a life time. 1Pet. 3:4. “Now the man moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.” Num. 12:3. Your greatness cannot supercede your meekness. Acts.12:22. “And the lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover, the man moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh’s.” Ex.11:3.
- The Holy spirit is the quickening spirit. He keeps you alive in the fulfilment of your golden destiny in Christ. “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing, the word I speak unto you, they are spirit, they are life.” Jn. 6:63, Rom. 8:18. Wait a minute, you need strength to command exploits. “Those who do know their God shall be strong and do exploits.” Dan.11:32. Exploits means “what eyes hath not seen nor ear heard ( breaking records).” 2 Cor.2:9.
- The Holy spirit is the spirit of dedication. The spirit of dedication make you dead to serve and alive to God. Jn. 12:26. “You cannot be ‘dedicated’ today and not be ‘decorated’ tomorrow.” “In the hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.” Lk.16:23. Esther.6:8-9/10. Dan. 3:29-30.