What is is faith?
- Faith is a substance of the things hoped for and the evidence of the things not seen. “Now faith is the substance of the things hoped for; evidence of things not seen.” Heb.11:1
- Faith is not waiting but faith is an action. “And behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment.” Mat. 9:20
- Faith is taking responsibility – The fact that you are still doing what the word says implies that you still believe in the word. “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own self.” JMS.1:22
- Faith is obedience – it is putting God’s word to work and faith without work is dead. “What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and not works? Can faith save him? Even so faith, if it hath no works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and i have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works. But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?” Jms.2:14/17-18/20
How Do I Engage The Power of Faith?
- Take a daily dose of God’s word by hearing the word of God. “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Rom.10:17
- Think the impossible and see the invisible – In case you don’t know, God also answers thoughts just as the way He answers prayers. “For she ‘said’ within herself, if I may but touch his garment, I shall be made whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.” Mat. 9:21-22
- Sound/declare what you believe. “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” Prov.18:21. You are what you think and sound. If you think and sound failure today, you can’t wake up tomorrow to see success. This may seems unfair but this is what the scripture says. “For as he thinketh in his heart so he is.” Prov.23:7
How Do I Engage The Power Of Faith?
You need to engage the power of faith because it takes only faith to emerge an Overcomer. “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is that victory overcometh the world, even our faith.”1Jn.5:4
Those who lack ‘faith’ will accept ‘fate’. God does not use people, He blesses people (Deu.28:1-3). God does not reduce people, He expand people (James.1:25). Nothing remain worse serving God (Jos.1:8, Job.36:11). We are this amazing things in Christ and everything that the word said we are, is true. But, it requires our faith and responsibility in order to actualize/realize them. “But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that ‘diligently’ seek Him.” (Heb.11:6). Note the word ‘diligent’. There is not passive about serving God and if you don’t don’t take responsibility you will as well be a liability. Faith is not a believe system. Faith is putting God’s word to work. Faith is obedience to the scriptural commands. Hear this: The fact that you are still obeying God implies that you still have confidence in Him. Faith without work is dead. “What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and not works? Can faith save him? Yea, a man may say; Thou hast faith, and i have no work: show me thy faith without thy works, and i will show thee my faith by my works. But will thou know, o vain a man, that faith without work is dead.” You see, faith without work is dead. When Peter began to doubt the power of God, he began to sink. Fear is a sign of lack of faith. No double minded person cannot receive anything from God.” If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering: for he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think he shall receive anything of the lord. A double minded is unstable in all his ways.” James.1:5-8
Three Pictures of you
You are what think – You can’t think failure today and wake up tomorrow to see success, you can’t think poverty today to see prosperity tomorrow. Likewise, you can’t think death today and wake up to see live tomorrow. This are divine settings which cannot even be broken by God. “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, said he to thee: but his heart is not with thee” Prov.23:7
- You are what you sound – Whatsoever is too big for your mouth to declare, you are not empowered to become. “ Death and live are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof” prov.18:21
- You are both what you think and sound – “Your mouth is not meant for decoration, it is meant for declaration.” Until What you think are in line with what you say, the manifestation of God’s power is farfetched. There are some many believers today who will say success while thinking failure inside their minds. Many sound healings but still saying the opposites on the inside. Man look at the outward while God is more concern at the inward. Everything is naked in His eyes, He can’t be deceived.
Cast down all mind debris and repent all negative thoughts, cultural orientations and idiosyncrasies. Burn off every negative chaff of the mind. You mind can either make you or break you. Whatever happens to you, is what you choose. You reason them out, you declare them and they manifest. This is not psychology, it is a scriptural truth. Your father think positive which means you too must think as such because ‘like’ beget ‘like’. A mangos tree cannot produce an orange likewise a goat cannot give birth to a dog. The son of a lion is also a lion . it follows that the son of the God is a god. She ” I have said ye are gods; all of you ye are the children of the most high.” Ps.82:6 “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in good health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3.Jn.1:2. ” For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the lord, thought of peace, and evil, to give you an expected end.” Jer.29:11