Praise is not something we do occasional or when something spectacular has happened. Praise is not just the clapping and the singing.
What then is praise?
- Praise is a spiritual weapon used by men in order to provokes divine intervention in the battles of life. “And when they began to sing and praise, the lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and when they were smitten. For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of Mount Seir, utterly slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, everyone helped to destroy another.” 2.Chr.20:22. Those who praise God are spectators in their own fight.
- Praise is a commandment directly from God. “Let everything that hath breath praise the lord. Praise ye the lord.” PS.150:6
- Praise is a spiritual instrument which can be employed by men in order to unleashed the release of the presence of God. In the presence of God, prison doors are thrown opened, chains are loosed. “And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God; and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s band were loosed.” Acts.16:25-26.
What Are The Virtues In Praise?
- Praise is where God live. If you want to ‘seek’ God, pray but if you want to ‘see’ God, praise Him. While God send angels to delivers answers to prayers, God Himself come down when you praise Him.”But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.” PS.22:3.
- Praise is the gateway to supernatural increases. Nothing goes down praising God. The reason while many people are few in life, is lack of a praiseful lifestyle. “And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few: I will also glorify them, and shall not be small.” Jer.30:19. “Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God shall bless us.” PS.67:6
- Praise is the road which leads to divine favour. “And when the daughter of the said Herodias came in, and danced, and pleased Herod and them that sat with him, the king said unto the damsel. Ask of me whatsoever thou will, and I will give it to thee.” Mark.6:22
What Are The Values/Virtues Of Fasting & Prayer?
- Fasting coupled with prayer is the cheapest way to accessed freedom from all oppression of the wicked(devil). ” Is not this the fast that I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke” Is.58:6. There are some forces that won’t let you go, until you fast. Anything that will not let you go will go down for you.
- Fasting and prayer is the gateway to unlimited illumination. “Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the lord shall be thy reward. And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday” Is. 58:8/10
- Fasting and prayer is a way to get divine healings/health. “Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily…” Is.58:8
- Fasting and prayer equals divine guidance and unleashed a never-end-well blessings. “And the lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like spring of water, whose water fail not.” Is.58:11
- Fasting and prayer facilitates answered prayers. “Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer: thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am,….” Is. 58:9
- Fasting and prayer engenders supernatural restoration. “And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generation; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of path to dwell in.” Is.58:12
When you fast, it is either you are walking, running or flying. You can’t be fasting and be crawling. “But they that wait upon the lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.” Is.40:31. The last time you are on the floor will ever ever be the last.