When you get to your crossroad you need praise, praise is what to do when you don’t know what to do. (see Habakkuk 3:17).
O our God, will You not exercise judgment upon them? For we have no might to stand against this great company that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.
When he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers to sing to the Lord and praise Him in their holy [priestly] garments as they went out before the army, saying, Give thanks to the Lord, for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!
And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the men of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir who had come against Judah, and they were [self-] slaughtered;
For [suspecting betrayal] the men of Ammon and Moab rose against those of Mount Seir, utterly destroying them. And when they had made an end of the men of Seir, they all helped to destroy one another. (Chronicles 20:12,21-23)
When three nations rose against the Israelites, the wilderness experience must had taught them what to do in that kind of situation, they subscribed to praise and rest of the story was a dramatic display of divine intervention.
What Is Praise?
- Praise is a mystery for the workings wonders in believers life. Who is like You, Lord, among the gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders. (Exodus 15:11)
- Praise is a major weapon in any conflict Acts 25:26; 2 Chronicles 20:22-23), you’ve been taught that praise is a minor or subsidiary in a spiritual warfare, I want to let you know that praise is primary. Praise is a spiritual channel for transferring all of your battles to God. Your battle is over when God takes over your.
- Praise is not an occasional acknowledgement of good deeds, it’s a lifestyle, you should consciously cultivate the habit of a praise lifestyle. Jesus, our perfect example had a custom of praise during His earthly ministry, and miracles erupted anytime He thanked God. When He needed to wake Lazarus, He gave thanks; when He needed to feed multitudes, He gave thanks, He always gave thanks, and that is the secret of His miracles.
- Praise is where God lives. If you want to seek God, pray; if you want to see God, praise Him. Between seeking God and seeing God which is better? Seeing God of course. Don’t get it twisted, I am not against prayer, but while God sends angels to deliver answers to prayers; He come down Himself to see to the operation when you praise Him. But You are holy, O You who dwell in the praises of Israel. (Psalm 22:3).
What Are The Mysteries Of Praise?
A good understanding of the mysteries of praise will empower you to engage in praise on target (targeting situation or issues to be settled).
- The Mystery Of Divine Intervention. The night preceding the execution of Paul and Silas, as Paul and Silas entered into praise, God stepped into their affairs. A praiseful atmosphere is a ‘Godful’ atmosphere, a ‘Godful‘ atmosphere is a wonderful atmosphere. Again In 2 Chronicles 20:22, As the Israelites began to sing, the enemies turned against one another and killed themselves. Also, the wall of Jericho came down flat by the power of praise. Lastly, King David, a praise warrior, who confronted the most oppositions had no record of lost.
- The Mystery Of Multiplication. Appreciation equals multiplication, nothing goes down in the hands of an praise warrior. Before a seed can become a fruit-bearing tree, it needs water from rain or an irrigation system to survive, praise is that water that your other spiritual and financial seeds need to grow. If you sow a financial seed, like tithing, on Sunday and you complain throughout the week, you would be doing yourself an injustice by killing the seeds with the tares of complaining and murmurings. In John 6, when Jesus gave thanks, the five loaves of bread and two fishes turned into plenty. If you don’t thank God for where you are or what you have, you’ll never move to the next level or have more. Let the peoples praise You and give thanks to You, O God; let all the people praise and give thanks to You! The earth has yielded its harvest; God, even our own God, will bless us. Psalm 67:5-6
- The Mystery Of Supernatural Ideas. You can’t praise God and be stranded of ideas, Jesus always knew what to do due to His praise lifestyle (John 6:6). When He asked Philip where to get bread that could feed the multitude, He already knew what to do, it was impossible to find bread at the mountain side. There is fresh oil in praise, fresh oil means fresh revelation, and staled oil occurs throughout the remaining days of the week when you only praise God on Sundays. Again, praise is not an occasional acknowledgment of mighty works, it must be done as a lifestyle to maintain the freshness of supernatural revelation daily.
- The Mystery Of Supernatural Favour. Favor to covers your errors and colors efforts. A student scored zero in an examination, the examiner was so angry and wrote two question marks on his script, fortunately for the candidate, it was recorded as seventy-seven out of a hundred marks which was more than enough to pass the exam. That’s what favor does. When the daughter of Herodias danced before king Herod, the king had no choice but to give her an open check, to ask whatever she desire. Likewise, if you danced before the king of kings, He will grant you an open check (or a banquet request) to ask whatever you may desire. (see Mathew 14:6; Mark 6:22).
Friend, If you are not depressed, you cannot be oppressed, the devil depresses people first to oppress them. Shake your feet from the dust, and make the devil commit suicide by tapping into the power of praise warfare.
Thank you for your time, please feel free to follow, like, share your testimony or experience as a praise warrior, and share the content on your social media outlets.