Like I told us in my previous post that our understanding of any subject matter will enable us to command outstanding results. I also promised to release the physical approach to the secret of financial prosperity. However. Here is the part two of understanding the secret of financial prosperity.
In addition to the spiritual approach to financial fortune, is the force of sacrifice. It takes a sacrificial approach in order to collect blessings from God. There is no a star without a scar. This was the mystery behind Abraham blessings.
“And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them.” Gen.22:6. a). Sacrifice – Abraham was ever ready to offer Isaac for sacrifice. b). Obedience – He was acting according to God’s instructions. d). Faith – He was dead certain that God could wake up his son back from death.
This was the mystery behind Abraham blessings. Connect to these ‘Abrahamic’ blessings by being following scriptural instructions.
Many of us have the faith of Thomas and want the blessings of Abraham. It is to every man according to his work. Work is positively related to faith. Work and faith goes in the same direction on the instructions’ graph. Obedience means work, obedience also means faith. Abraham was an obedient child to the core.
Life can’t be beautiful than your faith and obedience levels. “And, behold, I come quickly; my reward is with me, to give every man according to his work shall be.” Rev.22:12.The fact that you are doing what the word says implies that you are believing it. “But be ye the doers of the word and not the hearer only.” James.1:22
If you are the type who will hide food under your bed when visitors will come in, financial empowerment is farfetched. The more you give the more you receive. This is divine settings.
“Give and it shall be given unto you; good measure pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” Lk.6:38.
“The amount of money in your bank account is not measured by the amount of the money you have in the bank, it is measured by the amount of your investments in others.” ~ Anonymous.
Physical Approach to Financial Fortune
- Desire to work: Jesus Christ detests idleness. Out of sheer idleness you’ll see some youth roaming about the street discussing Man United and Chelsea all day long with arguments and fights over the matter.
Jesus met some at the market place standing idle and he asked them why are they standing idle all day long?
“And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idles in the market place. And said unto them; go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and nineth hour, and did likewise. And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, why stand ye all the day idle.” Mat.20:3-6
- Build Capacity – Capacity building means self-improvement. God cannot entrusts to you more than your capacity level. Learn new things everyday, learn new skills, vocations, improve yourself.
- The Force of Discipline: Discipline is not about how convenient a given task is. Discipline is about given what it demands to complete a given task.
Imagine a business man who has a television box in his office which brings him zero business value. Television box distracts me. For instance, a student who watches Aljazera or BBC or CNN on the eve of exams till 2:00am in the midnight, will probably write down the news in exams’ paper.
If TV box is stealing my time, it is stealing my destiny. Ever since mobile phone came, do you know how many people who have lost their destinies to the device? By making unnecessary phone calls, appearing on every social media platform for 24/7 for no reason.
There is no record breaker in his comfort zone. You’ll need to come out your comfort zone and stretched out. “Wherefore lift up your hands which hang down, and the feeble knees.” Heb.12:12
- Avoid Overdraft: I have written it in my heart, I’ll never take loans in my life. According to the scripture, a borrower is a servant of a lender.“The rich ruleth over the poor, and borrower is servant of the lender.” Prov.22:7. We are not in the covenant of begging and borrowing, we are in the covenant of abundance and prsoperity. “The LORD shall open upon the his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in its season, and to bless all the work of thy hands: and thou shall lend unto many nations, and thous shall not borrow.” Deu.28:12.
- Deprogram Yourself from Poverty Mentality: Expand your horizon by thinking big. You do not belong to the floor, you belong to the top.
“And the lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shall be above only, and thou shall not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them.” Deu.28:13.
We have witnessed a case whereby a couple was fighting because the wife accused her husband for overusing toothpaste. There are some who use spoon to measure tea.
- Watch out for these negative habits which will hinder financial empowerment. Habits as overfeeding and oversleeping. Laziness is the mother of poverty. Hard work will make you rich while laziness will make you poor. Oversleeping is the problem of some people. ‘They can sleep for Africa,’ (pidgin). “How long will thou sleep O sluggard? When will thou arise out of thy sleep? Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: so shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as the armed man.” Prov.6:9-11.