What is faith?
Let first define faith by stating what faith is not:
- Faith is not waiting.
- Faith is not a believe system.
Faith is putting God’s word to work.
“But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your ownselves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.” Jms.1:22-25
“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works….But with thou know, O vain a man, that faith without works is dead.” Jms.2:17-18/20
Faith is an action. It means to take scriptural calculated step in all spheres of life’s affairs
“And behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment. For she said within herself, if I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.” Mat.9:20-21
Why do I need faith?
- You need faith because faith is our authentic life wire that connect us the our authentic power source (God). men live by faith.
“For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.” Rom.1:17.
“Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.” Hab.2:4
- These scriptures are not coincidental. Faith is the fuel that keeps the aircraft of our life flying. With faith, you are on the go, there is no stumbling block on the way. All mountains are made plains.
- You need faith because faith is our purchasing power in the miraculous market.
“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.” Heb.11:6.
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavereth; for he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord. A double-minded is unstable in all his ways.” Jms.1:5-8.
- You need faith because faith confers rest in a seemingly impossible situation. Seeing into the spiritual realm always bring about. You will so settled about issues that you can’t be daunted by the empty threat of the devil.
This was why Jesus could afford to sleep in the midst of storm even while His disciples were wearing out themselves frantically in a bid to save their lives. But when they remembered to invite Him into the issue, He calmed the storm. Until you remember to invite Jesus into your issues don’t expect the storm over your life to be calmed.
“And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him. Master, carest thou not that we perish: and he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. Mark.4:38
A time came when the Syrian was waging war against Isreal, whenever they tried to made war plane the secret got leaked into Elisha – the Prophet of God – through spiritual intervention.
The Syrian army were sent to arrest the prophet, Gehasi – the prophet’s servant was almost paralyzed with fear because he couldn’t see into the realm of the spirit. But, when the Prophet prayed for his eyes to be popped open.
Gehazi too could see the host of angels of God that encamped them. They were both at rest. And our God who is a consuming fire responded.
Fear and anxiety are the cardinal evidence of doubt. Doubt is the opposite of faith. Anytime you find yourself fidgeting, it’s a sign of lack of faith. You can’t be faithful and be doubtful.
How do I build my faith?
- Take a daily dose of God’s word.
“So the faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Rom.1:17
- Engage in love with Christ. Obedience is the hallmark of our love. Simply put love in this way, as a combination of what we receives, believes and obey.
“He that hath my commandments, and keepth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my father, and I will love him, and manifest myself to him.” Jn.14:21
“This is the love of God, that we should obey His commandments and His commmandments are not grevious.”
- Renew your mind – You are what you think. In the realm of the spirit, any thought that you allow to hold grip upon you is regarded accomplished. God thinks and He thinks positive, if you are truly sons and daughters of God, then think positively.
“As he thinketh in his heart so he is.” Prov.23:7
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you. Saith the lord, thought of peace, and not evil, to give you an expected end.” Jer.29:11.
- Make bold declaration – It requires boldness to move God to confirms His word. Speak inline with what you believe. In the spirit realm, David already chopped off Goliath’s head with his mouth before the actual killing took place. Make positive sounds, decrees according to the way you want it in life. Watch out for what you release into the atmosphere. Remember, The angels are your servant and they will make sure that execute whatsoever you say.
“Thou shall decree a thing and it shall be establish unto you” Job22:28
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” Prov.18:21
“For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.” Lk.21:15
Your mouth is a destiny molder.
- Pray in the Holy Ghost – The subject Holy Ghost is seldom discussed but is one of the most crucial topics. Build up your faith by engaging the Holy Ghost in your prayer life. Connect to the spirit world by speaking in tongues. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of obedience, excellence, revelation, etc.
”But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost.” Jude.1:20. Don’t get it twisted, you need the help of the Holy Spirit more than anything else.
The scope of this is topic is limited to discussed fully who the Holy Ghost is. I will drop a link where you can learn more about the Holy Ghost and watch out for my subsequent posts – i will be discussing in details who is the Holy Ghost?
The Holy Spirit One Spirit Diverse In Its Operations.