Every commandment of God is meant for our profitable living. Deu.28:1-3. But, there is no commandment that will not leave us with a responsibility to take in order to actualize the blessing it carries. Deu.28:1-3, James.1:25, Job.36:11. An adequate understanding of the blessings attached to these commandments will enhanced your participation in obeying them.
- Prayer is a commandment. ‘When’ you pray not ‘if’ you pray. Mat.6:6. “Pray without ceasing” 1.Thes.1:18, “All ‘men’ not ‘pastors’ ought to pray and not to faint.” Lk.18:1.
- Soul winning is a commandment. “Ye have not chosen me, I have chosen you to go and bring fruits…” Jn.16:15. Jer.1:5
- Fasting is a commandment. ‘When’ you fast not ‘if’ you fast. Mat:6:17. “Is this not the fast that I have chosen.” Is.58:1
- Praise is a commandment. “Let everything that has breath praise the lord.” Ps. 150:6
- Thithe is a commandment. “Being ye all thite into house..” Mal.3:10
Praise is neither a calling nor a gift, praise is not something we do when God has done something spectacular. If you want to seek God, pray, but if you want to see God, praise Him. Praise is where God live. Ps. 22:3. I have seen so many frustrated prayer warriors but I have never seen any frustrated praise warriors. “You are not sad because things are bad, things are bad because you are sad.” You don’t have much choice, Praise is a commandment. “Let everything that hath ‘breath’ praise the lord.” PS.150:6 “Breath” is the only thing you need in order to praise God and not “bread.” God does not owe anybody anything, you owe God praise, as long as you are still breathing. “If you have ever lost ‘anything’ God is the reason why you have never lost ‘everything’.”
VIRTUES OF PRAISE
- Praise provokes the release of fresh oil. Psalms. 92:10.
- The presence of God is in praise. PS.22:3, Acts 16:25-30.
- Praise equals supernatural increases. Jer.30:19.
- The is glory of God is in praise. 2Chro.5:13-14.
- Praise releases divine direction. Psalms. 92:12.
- Praise unleashes the favour of God. Mark. 6:21-23.
- Praise warfare provokes divine intervention. 2chro.20:17-23.
Praise is not something that we do occasionally or when God has done something spectacular. In order to enjoy the virtues of praise, you must enter into a praise lifestyle. Stop thinking of what God has not done, start thanking Him for what He has done, and you will see yourself increasing in every aspect of your life. Jer. 30:19. Stop murmurings, grumblings and complaining. “Murmurings will mess up your situations, complains will complicate your matters.” Those who murmured were destroyed by the destroyers. 1 Cor. 10:10